Repository at Rajamangala University of Technology Phra na khon >
Faculty and Institute (คณะและสถาบัน) >
Office of Academic Resources and Information Technology >
Best Practice Manuals >
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Title: ||OmniSwitch 7700/7800 OmniSwitch 8800 Network Configuration Guide|
|Authors: ||Somboonpattanakit, Chavalit|
|Issue Date: ||28-Mar-2012|
|Abstract: ||This OmniSwitch 7700/7800/8800 Network Configuration Guide describes how to set up and monitor software
features that will allow your switch to operate in a live network environment. The software features
described in this manual are shipped standard with your OmniSwitch 7700, 7800, or 8800. These features
are used when setting up your OmniSwitch in a network of switches and routers.|
|Description: ||This configuration guide includes information about configuring the following features:
• VLANs, VLAN router ports, mobile ports, and VLAN rules.
• Basic Layer 2 functions, such as Ethernet port parameters, source learning, Spanning Tree, and Alcatel interswitch protocols (AMAP and GMAP).
• Advanced Layer 2 functions, such as 802.1Q tagging, Link Aggregation, IP Multicast Switching, andServer Load Balancing.
• Basic routing protocols and functions, such as static IP routes, RIP, DHCP Relay, Virtual Router
Redundancy Protocol (VRRP), and IPX.
• Security features, such as switch access control, Authenticated VLANs (AVLANs), authentication servers, and policy management.
• Quality of Service (QoS) and Access Control Lists (ACLs) features, such as policy rules for prioritizingand filtering traffic, remapping packet headers, and network address translation.
• Diagnostic tools, such as RMON, port mirroring, and switch logging.|
|Appears in Collections:||Best Practice Manuals|
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.